Monday 17 November 2014

Pinwheel cookies: Take two... or 3 if you like.

I can be a perfectionist sometimes. I don't like to leave things unfinished and I was not happy about posting my last blog post without having the pictures to show for it. I had an afternoon off so I thought I'd revisit the pin wheel cookies to show you how good they looked. This time, however, I thought I'd stick to the more traditional vanilla and chocolate design.

After looking through a few recipes I found one (in metric!) that was quite simple. This recipe calls for cocoa powder rather than melted chocolate which is far easier and involves less washing up. Very efficient!
These hypnotising biscuits make you look like a whizz in the kitchen, they look more complicated than they really are and the contrasting design is really fun without having to decorate them. They can also be stored for weeks in the freezer as dough, just cut off a few slices when you have visitors or fancy a quick chocolate hit.
The only thing I'd say about these is slice them a little thinner or cook them a little longer for a better crunch to your biscuit and then serve with the obligatory glass of milk. I'll definitely be checking out some more biscuit recipes soon, biscuits are underrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment