Sunday 18 January 2015

Word of mouth

Apologies for this delayed post but rather than waste it I've decided to post it now so I can work on a new update...


Well I've been away from here for a while but that's not to say I haven't been baking.

Since my last post I was asked to do cakes for the christmas fair at work, I've done gingerbread, banana bread and also salt dough decorations for my christmas tree. It's that time of year again where shops are a buzz, Jack Frost is nipping at your nose, the festive cheer starts to spread and time seems to vanish completely!

I like words, hearing them, speaking them and reading them. They look good on the page and they can sound almost musical, no matter what language. It is also the fastest way to communicate. It's a useful tool in advertising and even when your not purposely trying to advertise it will get you interest. Word is spreading of my baking ability and requests have started coming in. This was not my intention at all as I don't enjoy the pressure of baking to a brief and a timescale. It's why I would never turn my hobby into a business, it would take the fun out of it completely. If the brief is vague enough or if I'm feeling up to a challenge I'll accept and a charity bake sale is not too taxing so I accepted.

I decided on cupcakes with a simple christmas/winter design and a chocolate tray bake jugs to bulk it out. They went down a treat! (Pun intended). Though I think the staff ate more than the visitors.





No comments:

Post a Comment